Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Works hard for it hunny

I sit at a desk with a fairly nice Mac computer. I sit in a fairly darkly lit room. I sit with a hunger that wont be met til lunch time. I sit knowing that I have barely anything to accomplish today. Rather I will be watching the clock and counting the hours until 7:30 pm finally arrives. That's right ten hours of tech hell to endure. Sure the projects are amazing. The ones I help orchestrate with my mindless pencil pushing, or rather mouse pushing, subdued antics. But my extent of creating something meaningful and up to my level of creativity (you know the one I went to art school for) is something left to be desired. That's why I'm blogging at noon on an idle Tuesday- there just ain't anything other to do that's worth it.
This is all saddening to "write out loud" because, my oh my am I thankful for the pay- honestly what else I could do where I get paid 250 dollars a day for sitting on my rear typing to you. A toll, however is taken on the psyche; sitting day in and out with a purpose of nil, one far other then my god given talent- sad, sad, sad, life is short isn't it???
If I can take anything from this all, a lesson perhaps: money is the all encompassing and life defining dictator. Can't turn down one street without thinking it might be there or not there for you. Money, money I beg for thy, knowing full well Bill Gates didn't do a terribly large amount of pleaing to get where he is. He gave, he provided and he in turn received. Oh service how I long for you!!!

I sit in this office chair with a secret guilt, one that would be absent if I were a millionaire or a gifted creator. A guilt that is compounded upon the ritual daily monotony of doing nothing of great value for this company, pretending that I am and getting paid for it.

Every morning in this life is ground hog day. My mom says it will pass; its just a temporary existence, a time for learning what's not for you, but is life not temporary? Am I wasting it all sitting on a pot thinking of the one thousand other places I would rather be and the one million other great things I could be much more useful at. Perhaps I'm a victim of our current economic times. Where a take what you can get attitude is abound.
But I cant help want to be somewhere far from here; hip and alive!

Til then I'm here, learning I suppose, the do's of unhappiness. Waiting for all the wishing and blogging to pave my way to usefulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment