Time flows slowly but always with determination. The passage of minutes, hours, days, months brings new hills to climb and new storms to weather. Time, with the permanence of a wave ever flowing, brings new creations, new feasts, new laughter and new tears. Simply moving we create and flow within its realm as it is our mother allowing us freedom but reminding us always its there for us to learn from.
We believe in time as we believe in god and religion, air and our bank accounts. A man without a watch is a fool and a woman late is a sinner.
Moments are attached to imaginary dates and times and then calculated and wished upon til they arrive. Time is the only gauge of when that joy will arrive.
Rolling out new chance surprises and ever so often, rest. It allows us hope and healing. It breathes new life and also brings us closer to our inevitable departure.
As my time on the hill comes to an end, I reflect with fond memories of a time when I had a whole summer alone on a hill where dreams were born. A hill where I sat with a German Shepard named Misha and learned of the rich and felt the pangs of excitement that only someone completely alone and independent, can feel. Appreciative now as I reflect on what has been given to me. A few months, days and weeks creating an unexpected home merged together to lead to the now. The now of goodbye. I will always be thankful to Richie and his family, the gods and of course Misha for showing me a home in these rolling hills filled with many surprises and some much needed freedom. A tear rolls from my eye as I remember nothing in life is permanent, life pushes on as I have excepted it to. Let's hope time continues to be on my side. Open and signing off from the hill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment